Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday's Magic: Tub Scrub Solution and Home Organization Check In

Monday's Magic: Tub Scrub Solution

Once again, my inspiration comes from Jill at  www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com

In the last month, I have tried everything to get rid of 40 years of soap scum off of our bath tub.  
We have used this forever.  You would think, we would stop using it, when it only did half the job.

This is good to spray the tub after your shower in the morning, but it is definitely not removing any of our GRIME!

This actually made a dent in the soap scum. But I can only say dent, because after using BOTH  magic erasers it only took care of half of the bath tub and I had to scrub extremely hard to get that.

So after I ran out of options from my cleaning arsenal, who did I turn to?  Jillee, Of Course.




This was as I was beginning to spray scum buster.  Pictures really don't do this Muck justice.

Step One
Fill your spray bottle HALF FULL of Vinegar.  Heat in Microwave.
(I wasn't sure how my pretty little bottle would do in the microwave, so I heated the vinegar in a bowl, then poured it in the bottle.)

Step Two
Pour in equal part of Dawn Original Dish Soap
I gave my bottle a little shake to mix it up.

Step Three
Spray all over shower/tub and Wait about an hour. 
** You may want to leave the room for a few minutes or open a window.  This stuff has a very strong smell.

Step Four
Rinse away all the Muck.  On your more stubborn areas, you will have to give a little elbow grease, but not much.


The other side of the tub was sparkling clean after one spray and waiting 5 minutes. This side, did need a Round 2.
 Finished Product: Check out the Shine.  
I realiza that soap scum is hard to see on a white tub, but I promise this stuff is awesome.




Weekly Clean House
Check-In

Last week, went great.  I really like the new schedule.  It works great for me.  I even cleaned Windows! On Thursday, I was able to take care of Thursdays Tasks and most of Fridays, because I knew I wouldn't be around much on Friday. 

I did make new task cards to go along with my new schedule.  Since , I have the morning and evening tasks down to routine now, I only wrote the tasks for that Day of the Week.  For motivation, I drew a few pictures.   

My Weekly Hint:  Fold your laundry as soon as it dries!
I know what your thinking.  I can't stop what I am doing every 60 minutes to fold laundry.  I get it. I have argued with my Mother for years over this.  In fact, I went many years, using my coffee table or dining room table as a folding center. It seemed like as soon as I finally cleared the table, there came more clothes! AGGGHH! 
However, This month I have really done my best to run to the laundry room and fold what I can right then.  Especially, dress clothes,(hang them up immediately right...no more wrinkles).  Even if all you have time to do is get them out, give them a shake, straighten them out and lay them in a flat pile.  Then take them into the kids room and multi-task.  I know your good at it.  And with that no more clothes in heaps around your house.  
It may only be working for me, because I am off for the summer and have time to do it.  But, I will do my best to keep up with it, in September.

Hope you are getting the hang of it.  Remember don't give up, every little success is a victory.

1 comment:

  1. so now i need vinegar and dawn :) all the wonderful "soapy" crayons and paints they make for our youngins sure do muck our tubs and tub walls fast! i can't wait to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete