Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday's Magic: Sure Fire Stain Remover and Week 2 Check In

     

Monday's Magic: Sure Fire Stain Remover

One Part Dawn Washing Liquid, Two Parts Hydrogen Peroxide,  Tsp Baking Soda
On Mondays, I am hoping to try out new household tricks that I find on Pinterest or on my favorite Blogs.  I can already tell you that most of my Mondays Magic will probably becoming from one amazing site... www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com  She is amazing and seems to have a trick in the book for every house cleaning dilemma. 
    

What you will need? 

 Dawn Dish Liquid, Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda


Why I need it? 
 
My Cup Runneth Over...LITERALLY!! I have two beautiful children who inherited my balance and grace...I mean the lack there of.  We even named my daughter Hannah GRACE, in hopes that God would gift her with grace(in all senses of the word).  Unfortunately, she most definitely has my clumsy abilities.  I feel like we are constantly running around with cups splishing and splashing.  So, can you imagine what our carpet in our Dining Room looks like?  Yes, I did say carpet in our dining room.  So, I have been looking for a Magical Spot Stain Remover.  

    


This is my starting patch...





After Solution Poured onto Stain/Spots



FINAL RESULTS
After Scrubbed with Cleaning Brush

The treated spots are gone, but it has left a little of a blue tint.  I might put some water and soak up the Dawn.  Any suggestions?



Week 2 Home Organization Check In
How was your week 2?  What have you learned about yourself and your household?  Lesson 1: No Matter how many different weekly housecleaning plans I find, none of them are exactly me. Most of them are a really good place to start, but as you are reading what works for me, be sure to expect that you and your situation is unique.  Start someone else's 'plan' and prune it down to meet your needs.

How are you doing with the Daily Tasks?...Make Beds, Wipe Down Bathroom, Afternoon Tidy, Clean Kitchen, Bath, Brush, Beds.  These tasks are becoming very routine.  The only time, I have any problems with these, is when we have a very late night for some reason and we sleep past 8 a.m.    Then the morning tasks become a little rushed. 

Do the weekly tasks fit your household? Like previously mentioned, mold this plan for you.  We have a a Rat Terrier who loves to roll in the dirt and grass, before cuddling up on our bed.  So give the dog a bath, has to be a weekly task.  Also, our kitchen floor is white linoleum, so mopping must take place at least twice a week.  I also have to admit, for some unknown and bizarre reason I cannot get my self to clean windows on Wednesdays...peculiar me.  At first, I liked the idea of putting the more in depth tasks at the beginning of the week Monday-laundry, sheets; Tuesday-Vacuum, Dust, Clean Bathroom, etc.  However, now I think my brain is losing interest mid-week and missing the importance of the latter tasks...like window washing and vacuuming every other day.  But this is just me.  So here is MY PLAN for this coming week.  

Monday- Sheets, Towels, Windows, (Mopping?)
Tuesday-Vacuum, Dust, Dog Bath
Wednesday- Laundry, Bathroom, 
Thursday- Meal Plan, Vacuum
Friday- Laundry, Mopping

Have you tackled any of the monthly tasks?  Are you consistent enough with daily tasks, and weekly tasks to start focusing on the monthly tasks?  I am not.  For week 3, I will try my gently tweaked plan.  If it works great, then I will stick to the daily/weekly tasks for two more weeks.  At the point I would like to start attempting the monthly tasks.  I am doing it this way not because I am lazy, but I know myself...if I put too many plates on my tray in the beginning, I will be the poor waitress in the floor with Chile Con Queso on her head.

Where ever you are at in the home organization process, stick with it.  Do what works for you and your family.


Let me know how you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment