Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wednesday's Wisdom: Fear Not




A few weeks ago, Hannah(5 yrs. old) attended a VBS program at my Mom's church. That night the children learned about what to do if you are afraid.  After only attending one night, she was very proud to have memorized her memory verse.  'Do not be afraid for I am with you, Do not be afraid, for I am your God. Isaiah 41:10"  

When we arrived home, I asked her to let Molly, our Rat Terrier, out of her kennel.  I had yet to turn on any light but in the kitchen.  She said, "Mom, I am afraid of the dark, could you turn on the lights...No, wait! Never mind, I know what to do."  Quietly to herself, she walked down the hall whispering. "When you are afraid, remember God is with you. Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your God."   

The last two weeks, I have had several of those moments.  Family members sick in the emergency room, awaiting test results, preparing for medical procedures that may shine a light on more rough waters ahead, a death of a loved member of my hometown who definitely impacted my life with Christ.  To say the least, I was overwhelmed, and my flesh would time after time choose fear, anxiety, and sleepless nights.  All the while, my brave 5 year old daughter and fearless two year old son, daily encountered fears and anxieties, consistently turning to God.  Even today, Hannah was on her way downstairs and asked Isaiah to go with her, because she was a little scared...there might be a bug or spider in the laundry room.  Her brother of course accompanied her down the stairs, but stopped long enough to remind her..."Hannah, not be scared...God with you."  



The waters may seem troubled, but let your heart not be troubled. Your King is with you.  He can always calm the storm, however, He may just choose to calm His child. 




I don't know if you are struggling through rough waters right now, or even about to head right into them.  I pray that you remember, that Your God, the Creator, the Master, the Messiah, Our Salvation is with you.  That he will give you the strength you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment