Thursday, August 30, 2012

Anticipating Fall

It is already the second week of school and we are only a few days away from September. Can anyone smell FALL yet??  I am in desperate need of cool nights. Last Night, I had forgotten to turn the air back to normal (my husband could live in Alaska), but instead of turning the thermostat back up, I put on a sweatshirt...lol.  I love it.  FALL IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SEASON!







 leaves  apple cider  hayrides scarecrows hoodies  pumpkins     lounge pants  chilli  candy corn  jack-o-lanterns  family camping  
huber's farm trick-or-treat
bonfires costumes   relax  turkey  caramel popcorn  candied apples 

I think fall is such a wonderful transition from the illusion of summer rest.  Yes, school begins again, but I think that ends up being more comforting to most kids and teachers, than a burden. I am so excited to use my love for fall to teach my children some valuable lessons. I was once given beautiful illustration of the leaves changing color.

  Mini-Science Lesson
Leaves have three pigments, Chlorophyll,(green) Carotenoids(green), and Anthocyanins(red, orange, yellow). Because the chlorophyll is so prevalent in the spring and summer, the bright colors from the anthocyanins are completely hidden.  As the nights lengthen, the chlorophyl slowly dies. Without the chlorophyll's presence, the anthocyanins are no longer hidden, bringing us some of the most beautiful scenery.  Sometimes, the death of something that we carry with us on a daily basis, must occur, so that we can see the hidden color and beauty of God's creation.  

What things do you need to let go of, in order to find God's hidden beauty?  
Personally, I need to let go of my need for approval. Seeking to please my family, painting a perfect picture of my abilities, having it all together, is not something I have really struggled with in a very long time.  However, without having a job right now, I find myself becoming very reliant on pleasing others.  

Galations 1:10 Am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God?  Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.  

 The feeling of achievement I used to receive in teaching children, I am now struggling to find. My homemaker skills are very unpolished to say the least. But instead of resting in God's grace, and trusting in His plan for the future, I am feeling inadequate and insecure. And we all know who is prowling around waiting to pounce on our inadequacies. 

1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert.  Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 

Dear God, 
   Please help me to trust in your Power.  Allow me to rest in the knowledge of your plan and that you do not make mistakes.



James 4:7 Submit therefore to God.  Resist the devil and he will FLEE from you.


  
















No comments:

Post a Comment