Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Is Here


A little over five years ago, I was just beginning to get the hang of holding my baby girl. Wondering who she would grow up to be, what kind of personality she would have, and what talents she would be blessed with. (As you can tell, I am pretty sure she is already thinking, Mom, do you really know what you are talking about?)


Yesterday, my hand opened letting her grasp turn to independence. Walking into her kindergarten class with confidence, she was ready to take on anything. As I watched her sit down in her seat, I wondered how we got here so fast.


How in such a short time my daughter has blossomed into an outgoing, gifted child with a little extra sass, who loves to sing and dance. Praise the Lord for his blessings.

So how did her first day go? She loved school. With the move I have been afraid she would really be missing her friends. But God has already blessed her with new friends. In fact, she told me today that her and her friend decided they hated going home! 'What why would you say that?' I asked. 'Cause we like school, Mom!'

I hope that feeling lasts for a long time.



Dear God,
Please bring joy to the teachers, staff, and principals that work with our kids.
Bless our children with teachers who LOVE KIDS, love teaching, and believe that they can make a difference. Allow my family to shone your light greatly. Help me to use my time wisely while my children are still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment